Patience is hard to define.

Sure the dictionary describes it as: “quietly and steadily persevering or diligent”. This act in itself though, the feelings it evokes within one can lead to slow rumbling excitement.

Why am I talking about patience?

Three months ago I set in motion what will be a week of concerts, traveling to another city with a dear and special friend who I have shared far too little time this year with and enjoying the beauty of bands in their element, not once or twice in the next week but three times.

Patience was required while the clock ticked by and it has finally ticked up to hours before my first and most anticipated band: Mumford and Sons. The band I spent weeks listening to over and over again as I finished my book this past February.

It.is.so.close.now.I’m.jumping.up.and.down!

Apart of the excitement is sharing this with you all, this crumble recipe is one I stumbled on in my kitchen experiments two weeks ago and I just had to try it again, best of all, its gluten free and so crunchy!

Single Serve Apple and Rhubarb Crumble
Roamingtaste
Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 large or 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and cubed
3 stalks rhubarb, chopped in 2 inch lengths
1/2 cup superfine/caster sugar
1 cup water
Crumble
3/4 cup cornflakes
3/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
3/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 180°C/355F.

Place the apples, rhubarb, sugar and water in a pot and place on medium-high for 5-7 minutes, you don’t want them to be cooked through, but just slightly soft.



Pour 1/4 cup of the water into a measuring cup and add the coconut oil.

Spoon the apple and rhubarb mixture evenly between 4 2-cup capacity jars.

In a bowl combine the cornflakes, almonds and walnuts and crush (I used a rolling pin handle) until well ground. Add the almond flour and sugar. Pour in the coconut oil mixture and mix. Don’t feel the need to add any more moisture as the coconut oil will work it’s magic with constant stirring.

Spoon over the apples and bake until brown and bubbling, approximately 10 minutes.

Serve with vanilla ice cream or enjoy as is.


Powered by Blogger.