This time a week ago I finished writing my first novel.

While people the world over were celebrating their love for each other over Valentines dates filled with hearts of different colors.

I spent the evening writing.

I can't tell you how long it took me to write and evolve this story and it certainly wasn't my first attempt, but I finished it.

I feel like with the completion of this story, I have just begun the journey in becoming a paid writer. The expectations are high and success is for a limited few, yet I've known as long as I can remember that this is what I'm meant to do.

I'm an avid watcher of the television show 'How I Met Your Mother' and ironically enough in last week's episode, the main character spoke about times when traveling down a road and there's nowhere else to go, you've literally come to the end.

With all these changes in my life and with this accomplishment, I truly feel that this is the end of the road I've been traveling down thus far and I'm optimistic about the one I'm about to enter.


Powered by Blogger.