Only four days of my travels were spent Rio, but I was blessed to be couchsurfing and lucked out with a great host who introduced me to a few different Brazilian foods.

The first local thing I ate was a tapioca pancake. I had arrived twelve hours earlier and after drinking a little acai smoothie due to both my host and I being tired from a full on Saturday night and a full day ahead to live Rio style, my host bought me this pancake.

Now she told me there are several different toppings, however, the recipe below involves the two toppings the seller at the market made for me.

The pancake is so easy to make that it's obvious why the toppings would vary. I ate this at breakfast and it was the perfect way to start my first day there.

Brazilian Tapioca Pancake
Roamingtaste
Serves 1

Ingredients:
1/3 cup small tapioca pearls
1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
Handful desiccated coconut

Directions:
Heat the saucepan on medium-to-high heat. Place the tapioca pearls in a sift and dip into water before draining to ensure they are as dry as possible. Add a thin layer of tapioca to the warm pan.

Heat on medium-to-high heat and flip the pancake after a couple of minutes, both sides need to be slightly darkened.
Once cooked place on a plate pour the condensed milk and coconut.

Fold over and enjoy the taste of a little piece of Brazil.


Powered by Blogger.