I've never been pick-your-own anything and earlier this week was my first opportunity to do so,  with blueberry picking. The result has been me swimming in them ever since.

From orange infused blueberry jam to blueberry muffins to blueberry nests.

I've begun every day with blueberries and then eaten several as the hours have passed by. Quite honestly I'm surprised I haven't yet turned into Violet from Willy Wonka.

Due to unemployment, I've spent more hours in the kitchen this week then I probably did in 2011 combined.

Not having employment has also given me the opportunity to sit down and focus on my most advanced novel, one I've been working on for most probably about three years. For some reason having a job and trying maintain a life means not a lot of writing takes place on a regular basis.

For the first time in a while I feel excited about where I'm taking the characters and my writing has also allowed me to take a break from the kitchen and blueberry creations.


Powered by Blogger.