This hasn’t been mentioned since I spoke of resigning from my job, but I have been jobless or better said ‘in between jobs’ for over a month now (surviving on the savings I’m good at building up and the odd job here and there). Of course I’ve been applying, not radically crazy everywhere, but I’ve been applying and this week saw me have three interviews in two days.

Getting back to impressions and interviews is no easy feat, selling yourself to someone has never been a strong suit, yet finishing a book does amazing things to one’s confidence.

A few weeks ago I had a conversation with a friend about my blog and we discussed banana cake, how it may in fact be a ‘New Zealand thing.’

Google research has not turned up too much information other then a bunch of recipes from within this island nation, so I’m assuming we are in fact right.

So after a late afternoon interview yesterday, I came home to see some banana’s that needed attention and thought why not make mini vegan banana cakes.

And that's exactly what I did...with a twist.

Mini Vegan Banana Cakes with Chocolate Topping
Roamingtaste
Makes 12
  Ingredients:
1 cup plain flour
1 cup oat/almond/rice flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup superfine/caster sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup oat/almond/soy milk

Directions:

Grease a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 180°C/355F.

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Add the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.


Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, only filling each two thirds.

Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.

Set aside to cool.

Topping:
Place 50g of vegan chocolate in a heatproof dish (the best size is a ramekin that the mini cakes can fit within) and melt in the microwave.


Set aside to cool for a few minutes and then carefully dip the top of each cake into the chocolate. Place in the fridge or set aside to harden before serving.


Powered by Blogger.