I love art, in fact I love to paint, unfortunately, I cook more then paint nowadays.

Art history was my favorite subject at school.

And going to art shows is something that brings an easy smile to my face.


I had the pleasure of going to Art in the Dark, something that has only happened the last three years in this city, but it never seemed bigger then this year. It’s quite literally glow in the dark, lit up fun for endless amounts of people.

So here are a few shots that I captured to include you in the fun.
Children Playing on the Park Scuplture's
A Little Handiwork
Tree Spotlights
Everyone Can Have a Go
Blue Night Light

Once my weekend had passed me by I made this sweet, simple and addictive appetizer for all.

Avocado Dip with Sweet Potato Crisps
Adapted from Taste Magazine Dec 2009
Serves 4

Ingredients:
Crisps
2 medium sweet potatoes
700ml sunflower oil, for frying
Sea salt
Avocado Dip
1 large or 2 small ripe avocados
1/4 cup parsley
2 tablespoons chives
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup creme fraiche

Directions:
Peel the sweet potatoes, then slice as thin as possible with a potato peeler and lay in a thin layer on paper towels, layering with further paper towels as necessary. Dry out for a minimum of 2 hours.

Heat the oil on high heat and add a slotted spoonful of the crisps to the oil until lightly golden, approximately 1 minute, turning to ensure even frying.

Drain as much as possible and spread on a paper towel, sprinkling with salt.

Continue with the remaining crisps.

For the avocado dip, puree the avocado for 30 seconds until smooth, add in the parsley, chives, lemon zest, juice and combine further for another 30 seconds. Add in the creme fraiche and mix until well combined.

Spoon into a serving dish, add the crisps to a plate and serve immediately,

Note: The crisps will last up to 48 hours in an airtight container (making this a perfect appetizer to prepare in advance).


Powered by Blogger.