This is  a gift for some friends who lost a baby. As I took in this information I considered the fact that sometimes life is an all out battle, an all out fight, for the variety of emotions going through our veins.

A deep-seated trial within us to see the world with beauty when our sight is closing in.

My friends are very dear to me and so I felt the need to give them something; just a small token for how much sorrow that I cannot even imagine they are feeling right now.

Food doesn’t solve all problems, it can’t take a person’s loss away, but in the smallest way it can show how much you care about them and the pain they are going through.

That was the effort I put into making this cookie, with them in my thoughts.

Triple Chocolate Skillet Cookie
Adapted from Donna Hay Simply Essentials Chocolate Book
Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
125g butter, softened
3/4 cup superfine/caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 180°C/355F.

Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until well combined and fluffy, approximately 1 minute.

Sift the flour and cocoa into the creamed mixture.

Stir through the almonds and chopped chocolates until well combined.

Spread into the skillet and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.

Allow to cool in the pan before slicing into wedges.

Serve cold.


Powered by Blogger.