The 21 December 2012 has been predicted to be the last day of the world.

I’m finding a lot of humor about this on Facebook from my variety of friends including quotes:
‘I don’t have time for this with Christmas shopping.’
‘What is the exact time this is happening? Does it mean at midnight or another time zone? So many questions so little time.’
‘The world ends tomorrow, thank God I’m seeing The Hobbit tonight.’

With all this funny chatter I’ve been thinking about the last meal I’d enjoy.

There’s so much good food out there, but I’d probably pick nachos made my way (with curry powder in my guacamole). And to finish I’d have a piece of chocolate cake with a side of my favorite chocolate mousse.

What would you enjoy? Homemade or bought?

Now with all this ginger floating through the blogosphere due to upcoming Christmas I decided to give you a recipe that you can share with plenty of others and it doesn’t have any spices in it at all.

Trust me, you want to share these, even if they aren't your first choice for your last meal.

Momofuku Milk Bar Compost Cookies
Adapted from Christina Tosi via Whiskitgood blog
Makes around 28 medium cookies

Ingredients:
200g butter
1 cup superfine/caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chunks
1 1/2 cups savory/salty snacks, crushed (I used pretzels and cornflakes, but chips and other salty snacks can be used)

Directions:

Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.

Place the butter, sugars and corn syrup in a bowl and beat for 2 minutes.

Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for a further 10 minutes (if using a hand mixer, bear with your sore arms as it’s worth it).

Add in the flour, baking powder and soda and salt. Mix until just combined.

Add in the chocolate chunks and stir in the chocolate chips until incorporated.

Lastly add in your savory/salty snacks and stir through until well combined.

With an ice cream scooper, place a scoop of cookie dough onto the tray and continue until the tray is complete, ensuring to leave 1/2 inch between cookies.

Cover and refrigerate for an hour.

Preheat the oven to 200°C/400F, when the temperature has been reached, place the chilled cookies straight into the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the edges are browning.

Remove and allow to cool.

Snack and share when cold.


Powered by Blogger.