The wedding was beautiful, relaxed and despite the weather forecast; sunny.

My cousin Luke and his wife Bree, were the picture of ease and it was a perfect day had by all.

The happy couple

The kids played, the people chatted, inductions were made and plenty was eaten.

Bree, the bride, her sister Indy and Bree and Luke's little girl, Scarlet sharing a moment
Some of the food I gulped down

I went to bed full, five hours after I had stopped eating at the reception.

Before the sun set, however, I drove around Lennox with my father as he showed me a little history and a sweet lake with the sun setting.




Within 24 hours I was on a plane home again, with my last day spent in the shadow of Gold Coast city, on the beach reading my book and taking photos of clear jellyfish and seagulls.


Back to the wind and rain, with glints of sunshine in between.

This drink originally appeared in the January 1975 issue of Gourmet magazine and it sounded like just the thing to warm me back up on my return to colder temperatures.
Orange Bavaroise
Taken from Gourmet Magazine
Serves 4


 
Ingredients:

3 cups milk
1 orange peel
4 egg yolks
3 1/2 tablespoons superfine/caster sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup superfine/caster sugar
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup cointreau

Directions:
Place the milk and orange peel in a saucepan over medium heat until hot, approximately 2 minutes.

Set aside to allow the peel to infuse into the milk for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a double boiler place the yolks and superfine sugar and whisk, until light and a ribbon forms when the whisk is removed. Remove from the heat and set aside.


Place the water and sugar in a heatproof glass and set on high in the microwave for three minutes or until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is a syrup.

Mix into the milk mixture and then pour in a consistent stream into the egg yolk mixture. Once combined add the brandy and cointreau in a constant stream to the mixture once more and serve immediately.


Powered by Blogger.