In the almost ten months I’ve had this blog this will be my third time I make a different form of mousse.

I can assure you that I’m not fascinated nor do I seek out ways to make it, but rather that I find the texture something delightful.

You know, that ‘it’s so fluffy I could die’ line from Despicable Me.

If you dismiss cotton candy (which just dissolves instantly on the tongue anyhow) then mousseis the dessert equivalent in real life form – it’s so fluffy that it’s the closest thing one could ever have to tasting a cloud.
And quite honestly, being someone fascinated with the texture of food’s, a cloud put’s me in instant relaxation mode. It’s almost as though my body sits a little more loosely.

Now, this is richest mousse I have possibly ever tried, the mascarpone also brings it’s own flavor.

Caramel Mascarpone Mousse
Roamingtaste
Serves 4 (or 8 in small servings, which would be sufficient)

Ingredients:
200g mascarpone
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup pouring cream
1/2 cup dulce de leche
3 egg whites

Directions:
Whip the mascarpone, sugar and pouring cream until stiff.

Fold the dulce de leche through the mascarpone mixture until well combined.

Whip the egg white until stiff and fold through the caramel mixture.

Place in the serving bowls (I used mason jars) and refrigerate for a minimum of an hour.

Serve.


Powered by Blogger.