Have you ever eaten a meal and immediately wished you could time travel back to re-live the experience?

Now this isn’t one of those simply make/order another one questions. Imagine if you did, by the time the last mouthful has been eaten the pleasure will have been replaced with remorse for how much you have stuffed your body with foor. No, this is such food enjoyment that you just want to enjoy every mouthful all over again.

I said this very thing on Friday night over dinner with a friend while we were enjoying dinner at a Brazilian restaurant; her gleeful reply was ‘I just love that you are such a foodie.’

After what I can assure you had to have been one of the hardest professional weeks of my life, this dinner was exactly what I needed. Let alone it was at a restaurant I have now been often enough since their opening recently that the waitress gives me a hug and a kiss; like we are old friends.

I don’t actually know her name.

The atmosphere, food and company are definitely something I plan on seeking out again. Here’s hoping I get to re-live the meal too.

After this dinner I followed up by making this coconut delight, I would say is a relatively healthy snack when you consider the ingredients and for indulging the sweet tooth and it's something that allows for some self discipline, of which I know I need.

Spicy Coconut Chocolate
Roamingtaste
Makes 15 pieces

Ingredients:
170g dark chocolate (min 65%)
2 cups shredded coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil 1 tablespoon chili flakes, finely chopped
1 tablespoon superfine/caster sugar

Directions:
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan on medium heat. When almost melted add in the shredded coconut and chili flakes and stir through.

The mixture will become easier to stir through with the oils in the shredded coconut being released.

Once well combined remove from the heat, and pour the mixture into a baking tray and flatten with the base of a spoon to ensure even consistency. Scatter the tablespoon of sugar over the top to sweeten it slightly.

Refrigerate until hard, approximately an hour.

When set, remove and slice.

Eat at your leisure.


Powered by Blogger.