Did you see the Brazilian gymnast on the rings?

He won gold!

The fascination of arms with that strength when I couldn’t even complete the monkey bars as a child is fascinating. The ability to test the body, build on this and then hold oneself up vertically while the hands are intertwined between two rings is amazing.


When I was little girl I always wanted to be a gymnast, I would even go far to make make ribbon taped to a small piece of wood which I would then ‘dance’ around our backyard with.

In those moments I felt I could do anything, except maybe the monkey bars.

Right now, I would like to be in those boats eating these cookies. I'd even share with him.


Cashew Cookies

Adapted from Cashew Cookies
Makes 24


Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw cashews 

1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cornstarch


100 grams butter, softened
1/4 cup superfine/caster sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

 

Directions:


Preheat oven to 190°C/375F. 



Pulse the cashews until fine, but not a paste. Toast evenly in a baking pan until lightly brown (stir every 2-3 minutes to ensure even toasting) and cool completely.


Place the flour and cornstarch in a bowl and stir to combine.




Beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl for three minutes on medium or until pale and fluffy.

Add the cashews, and salt and mix until well combined.

Lower the speed to low and add the flour and cornstarch mixing until well combined.

You want the dough to be soft but not sticky, adding more cornstarch if required.




Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness between two greaseproof baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.

Cut with cookie cutters and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.


Carefully remove and cool on a cooling rack.

Serve when cool. 





Powered by Blogger.