One thing I’ve learnt from this blog is that you shouldn’t be afraid to try something new.

I’ve lived my life in the most recent years with a sense of ‘you only get one chance at today.’

Which is true, but with real life comes real distraction.

You have to work late so miss catching up with a friend.

A cold strikes you down so you can’t take that drive to adventure you were planning.

Living life with a sense of trying something new, grabbing the bull by the balls (ahh Never Been Kissed, I still love you like I’m 12 years old) as such, can take real determined effort.

A friend of mine suggested we try Bikram Yoga (you know where you are in a sauna and then trying to do poses only your body knew how to get into when you were a baby), I at first thought I’d like to try that, with much hesitation.

Then I decided on it, and when I decide my stubborn takes over and I will to do this.

My best friend joined me and there we were in that hot room trying things in a heat I never imagined I’d walk into knowingly.

I did it, I succeeded, no hesitation or anxiety could hold me back.

I felt some hesitation about my first cheesecake, I had read that they can fail and it can take some time, but sometimes just willing oneself to endeavor something new can succeed.

Sprinkle Cheesecake
Adapted from Simply Recipes
Serves 12

Ingredients:
Crust
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
70g butter, melted
Filling
700g cream cheese, room temperature
250g mascarpone, room temperature
3/4 cup superfine/caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
160ml pouring cream
Topping
1/4 sprinkles

Directions:
Let’s start with the cake tin, layer in two or three layers, as tightly and carefully as possible aluminum foil around the cake tin, to ensure no water can get in, every side of the tin should be well covered with the foil.

Preheat the oven to 180°C/355F.

Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and butter together and press into the cake tin in an even layer.

Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until brown.

Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, lowering the oven to 160°C/325F.

To make the filling, place the sugar and half the cream cheese in a bowl and beat for 4 minutes until smooth, add the remaining half and repeat. Add the mascarpone and repeat. Add in the vanilla and whip for a further minute.

Add 1 egg and beat until well combined and smooth approximately two minutes. Repeat with the remaining eggs.

Add in the pouring cream and whip for a further 4 minutes, until smooth.

Place the cake tin in a deep roasting pan and prepare 4 cups boiling water (you want the water to come half way up the tin, so this amount of water may vary according to your roasting pan).

Pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared tin and set in the middle of the roasting pan.

Place in the oven and carefully pour the boiling water into the roasting pan, creating a water bath for the cheesecake.

Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until brown on top.

Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake cool in the oven with the door ajar for an hour.

Remove the cooled cheesecake from the oven and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of four hours.

Once well cooled, pour the sprinkles over the cake (if you have the patience and have found heart shaped sprinkles, feel free to place each on your cake like I have done).

Serve.


Powered by Blogger.