A few days ago, I received a phone call from my recruitment agent who advised me of a temporary job, which was obtained within twenty four hours of that call. Six weeks is not the permanence I was seeking for the required move that still hasn’t happened.

It’s as though life is telling me what I already know, I’m not meant to stay here, maybe I was never meant to be here in this country.

In this location in the first place.

While I am, however, I will try wholeheartedly to find joy in whatever circumstances life confronts me with.


I attempted the recipe below a few weeks ago and didn’t like the way it photographed, so decided to improve it and now I feel it’s presentation ready.

I am aware that up until this point I have not actually cooked or presented a main meal here and to be honest this is a made up recipe I like to think is from the ‘food mingle’ my brain does when I come up with recipes from a variety of sources that inspire me.

Sweet Potato Rösti with Fish and Green Salad
Roamingtaste
Serves 4

Ingredients:
8 medium firm fish fillets
6-7 large sweet potatoes
Bunch of asian greens
1 cup spinach
Handful of cucumber, cubed
1 avocado, cubed
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons avocado/olive oil
3 tablespoons aioli
2 tablespoons mashed avocado

Directions:
Fill a pot water and set on high. Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and place in the water when boiling. Boil for five minutes so that the sweet potatoes are still firm to the touch. Once they have cooled, grate and squeeze as much moisture out as possible.

Place some olive oil in a pan and add the grated sweet potato to the pan, spreading out evenly and cooking on medium heat. Once the base is cooked, place a pot lid over the rösti and turn upside down to then slid off and cook the otherside.

While the rosti is cooking, place the fish fillets in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, adding a little salt, turning when golden brown and cooked through.

Meanwhile, gather the spinach and wash, then slice the base of the asian greens, add the cubed cucumber and cubed avocado. Set aside.


Add the lemon juice, oil, aioli and mashed avocado into a small bowl and mix well to a smooth pouring consistency. If it’s a little thick, add more oil.


Place either in small individual serving dishes or one large serving dish.


To serve, place the rösti on the plate, dishing the cooked fish fillets on top. Spread the green salad around the top of the plate, lastly pouring the lemon aioli sauce over the fish.


Powered by Blogger.