It feels like only yesterday I wrote here that I obtained a temporary job and now I’m down to my last week, in fact, my last few days of what has been a good challenge in my repertoire of office work.

People you meet on the first day, those 1D people you know barely anything about become 3D people rather quickly and soon there’s more individuals being left behind.

In keeping with the attempt at healthier fare in my diet for my last week, I opted for a peanut marinated tofu dish. Inspired and imitated from Thai food, I’m making no claims that this is in fact Thai food, but I have found something similar at many ‘Western’ Thai restaurants I’ve eaten at. Simply put, this meal is effortless and fresh in as many ways as are native Thai dishes.

Peanut Marinated Tofu with Rice
Roamingtaste
Serves 4
Ingredients:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
300g tofu
1 cup jasmine rice
2 bunches of bok choy, stalks, roughly chopped
1 red onion, roughly chopped

Directions:
To begin, slice the tofu into bite size cubes and set aside. Next mix all the other ingredients (except rice) together in a bowl, adding more water if its not runny enough. You want the marinade to be liquid enough to pour. Next combine the marinade with the tofu, ensuring its well mixed. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.

Remove from the refrigerator and set aside for 5 minutes to allow to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, begin cooking the jasmine rice.

Place the marinated tofu in a saucepan and cook on medium. Add the bok choy and onion to the mix and continue cooking, adding water and olive oil when necessary to thin the sauce out.

Serve the cooked rice on a plate and serve the marinated tofu and vegetables on the side.


Powered by Blogger.