Summer vacation is now down to its last hours.

I camped. Got sunburnt. Ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Had no schedule. Had long dinners with countless laughter. Slept in. Went on a couple of roadtrips. And made a lot of delicious food.

Summer, there really is no better season.

I come from a slightly hippy background so getting to walk around barefoot and wear loose clothing is where I prefer to be.

Having the chance to see my best friend more then once a week is also a bonus.

Plums are apart of summer and I personally don’t love them, but while visiting my friend who just had her second baby I went out plum picking with her 7 year old and brought home more then I know what to do with.

And then my other friends gave me an ice cream container full also.

This won’t be the last plum recipe for the next while.

In the meantime though, this is so good, its a little difficult to only have one serving.

Plum Trifle
Roamingtaste
Serves 10

Ingredients:
20 sponge fingers
1/2 cup superfine/caster sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
1/2 cup brandy
200g mascarpone
1 cup whipped cream
2 cups custard
3 cups plums, halved and then sliced into thirds
Pomegranate to finish

Directions:
Place the water, sugar and pomegranate molasses in a saucepan and bring to a roling boil, until the sugar has been dissolved, approximately 2 minutes.


Set aside to cool, then add in the brandy.

In a shallow wide dish, place the sponge fingers (it’s easier to do a third at a time) and pour over the sponge fingers, carefully and evenly, ensuring the center of each is well coated also.

Set aside to soak further.

In a bowl, place the whipped cream and mascarpone together and mix well. Add in a quarter cup of the brandy mixture, stir well to combine.

Begin the trifle by laying the soaked sponge fingers along the base of your trifle dish. Add in an even layer of plums. Spoon over the mascarpone mixture until just covering the plums then adding the custard.

Continue in this manner until complete.

For the last layer, finish with the mascarpone and cream mixture.

Serve with pomegranate sprinkled on top.



Powered by Blogger.