January is the month where the streets are crowded with people exercising, the gym has plenty of new faces and for me, today, sharing a swimming pool lane with four other people was a negotiation I was unprepared for.

It was the first time I have been in a swimming pool since I was a child. The opportunity to spend my lunch break doing this over sitting at my desk is due to swimming being something my co-workers have started with the new year.



I wouldn’t ordinarily sign up with everyone else to begin a new sport or workout regimen, mainly because I have one already set up that I work to all year round, irregardless of the weather.

This has changed since an injury last July that is still holding my schedule up so there I was puffing after 5 minutes of freestyle (that was more free then styled), watching my co-worker smoothly swim like she is Michael Phelp’s long lost sister.

Not even cramp in my toes could put me off though, maybe I have found something new to try, maybe a January sport was exactly what I needed to implement for the rest of the year.

How about you readers, have you begun a new hobbie, set yourself on a new goal or started working out?

I’d love to hear all about it.

Now, after all is said and done, no ice block, ice tea, no ice cream can ever come as close to perfection for me as this summer beverage. Creamy delight it is indeed.

Strawberry Milkshake
Roamingtaste
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1/2 cup strawberry syrup
1cup vanilla ice cream
1/3 cup milk

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender and combine.

Pour into serving glasses.

Drink while cold.


Powered by Blogger.