Sometimes life has a way of quietly being everything you want it to be, those simple moments where you wouldn’t wish to be anywhere else with anyone else even if given the choice.

I find those perfect moments with those perfect conversations are a rare thing.

Like countless people on this earth I have countless precious people in my life and things are pretty well blessed, but those moments where nothing feels imperfect including myself is something that fills my heart infrequently.

Yesterday was one of those days, but more then that a beautiful afternoon. With strong conversations and a friend by my side with more in common then not, it was perfect.

I hope you all feel that somewhere close to that right now.

While on my usual cafe escapades recently I’ve noticed a lot of olive oil cakes and loafs with a variety of ingredients to accompany this strong and unusual ingredient.

I then found nectarines in my grocery store and knew they would be a successful marrying with one another.


Olive Oil Nectarine Loaf
Roamingtaste
Serves 8

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Olive Oil
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup superfine/caster sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 nectarine’s, diced
Plus 1 1/2 nectarines halved and sliced

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Set aside.

Place the olive oil, milk and egg in a bowl and stir until combined. Pour in the sugar and mix to combine.

Sift in flour, baking powder and soda and mix until smooth.

Add the diced nectarines and combine once more until well mixed.

Pour into the prepared loaf tin and place the sliced nectarines on top, bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and lightly brown.

Allow to cool.

Serve sliced and with a little butter if preferred.




2 Comments

Sydney @ The Crepes of Wrath said...

This looks so moist and delicious. It's probably one of those breads that I take a slice, sit, eat, and go back for seconds...thirds...and well, maybe fourths!

Sylvie said...

You are right!

Powered by Blogger.