Most of the time I feel like a mediocre cook and an amateur blogger. I particularly feel this way when looking at sites like Joy the Baker and Shutterbean or one of my absolute favorite’s The Crepes of Wrath.

The ease of these sites, the humor that rolls off the page and the food that makes ones mouthwater makes one want to comment.

I feel this way often, and I say this in honesty, not in the ‘please comment and tell me I’m great' way.

But then sometimes, every once in a while, my brain will rattle a recipe off that I attempt and I think, this is why I blog, this is why I want to blog and get joy from it.

See I love food, I always have and I seem to attract individuals from various life paths who also feel the same passion for this. And I want to continue to connect with people all over the world over the things I have discovered everywhere I go.

This is one time where I feel more then mediocre. This is one occasion when I don’t think of myself as an amateur. This is a moment where I have created something I want to share.

Avocado Bread
Roamingtaste

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon instant yeast
325ml warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
4 cups flour
3 avocados, processed to a paste
2 tablespoons olive oil
Extra flour for kneading

Directions:
Place the water in a bowl, adding the sugar and yeast.

Add the flour and avocado paste, mixing until well combined. It will be quite a sticky dough, roll out to a well floured bench and knead until smooth.

Pour the olive oil into a bowl and swirl to coat before placing the dough in the bowl.

Place in a warm place to rise for two hours.

Remove from the bowl once doubled in size and knead for approximately for 10 minutes to ensure the dough is no longer sticky (stretch it out and sprinkle flour over it to ensure it gets to the center of the bread).

Preheat the oven to 200°C/390F and grease a baking tray.

Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until brown and it sounds hollow in the centre.

Remove and set aside to cool.

I could have left it there, but the following recipe is really how I came up with Avocado bread in the first place.

Avocado and Salmon Toasts
Roamingtaste
Serves 4

Ingredients:
4 slices avocado bread
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
100g smoked salmon

Directions:
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and pour a small amount of olive oil, covering the base. Add in two slices of the bread and cook until lightly browned then flip to brown the remaining side.

Continue with the remaining pieces, slicing in half and setting aside.

Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese and the sundried tomatoes and spread thickly onto the bread slices.

Lay a slice of smoked salmon over the top and serve immediately.


Powered by Blogger.